Lake Manyara Serena
Luxurious Lake Manyara Rift-top Lodge
Lake Manyara Serena Safari Lodge stands high above the flamingo covered expanse of Lake Manyara’s gleaming waters, and commands panoramic views across the volcano-studded floor of the Great Rift Valley. Designed to reflect the brilliance of Lake Manyara’s unique birdlife, the lodge has swooping avian curves with the gentle concentric patterns of traditional Maasai ‘Bomas’.
Circular, thatched rooms echo the traditional Maasai 'Boma' style and feature a vibrant interior that reflects the Maasai people's abiding love of brilliant scarlet-and-indigo checked 'Shukas' and bright yellow, white, blue and orange beadwork. Each room has a private veranda and breathtaking views of the shimmering reaches of the flamingo-frosted Lake.
The Serena's infinity pool has received significant architectural acclaim. It lies below the lodge on the very edge of the escarpment with mesmeric views of the lake. Night game drives are possible from the lodge to seek out the elusive nocturnal wildlife and behold the thrilling world of predators stalking their prey.
Highlights of Lake Manyara Safari Lodge
- Relax between game drives in the infinity pool.
- Canoeing safaris and boat trips are available on the tranquil and beautiful waters of the lake.
- Mountain bike around the national park and adjacent landscapes.
- Morning nature and bird walks with resident naturalist.
- Wildlife talks, audio-visual presentations and lectures on the heritage and traditions of local tribes.
- Visit the lodge’s botanical garden and seedlings nursery.